30 Days to New York City Planning Update
If you follow my Vivacious Views Instagram account then you know I spent all day yesterday with this view….
My solo trip to NYC is in the final 30 days of countdown….WooHoo!!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using these links. It is no additional cost to you and I cross my heart I only recommend products & deals that will help you get the most out of your travel experience.
Where I’m at in the New York City Planning Process…
• For my transportation I’m traveling by train on the Amtrak Crescent.
• My dining budget for this trip is going to be mostly cheap eats. In a city like New York cheap eats are friggin’ delicious! With $1 slices of pizza and $2 Hot-dogs, don’t forget the $5 Burgers at Shake Shack, I definitely won’t starve.
I also have a few coffee shops I’m looking forward to trying out including Alice’s Tea Cup and Fat Witch Bakery.
• I’ve worked out my day-to-day itinerary for NYC as far as which neighborhoods and areas I want to explore on certain days.
New York isn’t the place to have an itinerary set in stone so make sure you’re always flexible…go with the flow…be spontaneous…it’s New York!!
• My packing list is currently looking something like this…
I’ve marked out things I know I won’t be taking and started checking off the items I’ve gathered, like toiletries and travel gear.
This trip I’ve downsized to a backpack and cross-body bag…minimal.
• I’ve put together a list of the snacks and items I will need to purchase before the trip and luckily it’s small: pretzels, m&ms, chapstick, gum, hand sanitizer, dry shampoo, and a new travel size deodorant. That’s it!
• Outfit ideas for the trip. I won’t start putting these together until I can check the weather.
• I’ve also started checking items off the Things to Do Before You Travel list. My mom is keeping my dog Nemo, and I’ve already notified my bank of the travel dates.
I’ll be posting New York City Planning Updates each week on all the fun and exciting things I have planned, so be sure to Subscribe Below!!
“Travel. As much as you can . As far as you can. As long as you can. Life’s not meant to be lived in one place.”- Unknown