Magic Band is such an appropriate name…because that is exactly what these bands are…Magical! Basically an all-in-one water proof band you wear, just like you would a watch, that allows access to all things Disney! These bands are truly fantastic and made our vacation stress free in so many ways. You better believe every trip I take I’ll be utilizing these little bad boys.
Here’s What I Know About Disney’s Magic Bands…
How They Work:
Just touch the Mickey head on your band to the silver ball Mickey head, also known as a touch point, once the touch point lights green your good to go.
The bands are directly linked to the My Disney Experience app which allows you to select reservations, select your fast pass options, view park hours, attraction times, add your card for purchases and much more!
This varies depending on which band or design you want.
There are websites that sell stickers and covers specifically for the bands with different Disney themed designs.
They also sell these awesome little Magic Bandits (pictured here) at pretty much any Disney store on property.
You can purchase this set, or choose from many other Disney themed bandits, for $9.99 by clicking the picture.
• Your Magic Band is connected to your Park Tickets and the FastPass Kiosks in the park.
Upon your first park entry you will give a fingerprint as you scan your Magic Band.
I suggest wearing the band on your left wrist and using either your right index finger or right thumb.
The fingerprint machine is always to the right of the Mickey ball touch point…it’s a bit quicker of an entry into the park this way.
• The Magic Band is also connected to your Disney PhotoPass pictures account when getting pictures taken by Disney’s Professional Photo Pass Photographers.
The photographers take your pic and scan any band that is in your group and voilà.
You can then login to the My Disney Experience app and view all of your photos! Easy-peasy.
• You can connect your debit card to your magic band through the My Disney Experience app and use your band for purchases like food, or merchandise.
A 4 digit pass code will be required for each purchase.
Leave your wallet or purse in the in-room safe and shop worry free!
• Magic Bands can be sized to fit adults or children.
The magic band is a one size fits all deal.
It includes a smaller band inside of the larger band that can be removed for children. Disney, y’all think of everything!!
Staying on Disney Property?!
• Magic Bands are your Resort Room Key and Pool Entry.
No worrying about keeping up with your resort key or card.
You can even bypass the check in desk by setting up a text alert to notify you with detailed information when your room is ready.
Just touch your Magic Band to the Mickey head on the grey box above your door handle. The Mickey head will light green and allow access into your room.
Some pools on property have gated entry in which case you would scan your magic band to enter.
• The Disney Dining Plans are connected to the Magic Band and even if you didn’t purchase a dining plan you can still make Dining Reservations on Disney property through the My Disney Experience app and it they will be directly connected to the band.
• Using the Magical Express option from the airport?
The Magic Band is scanned to board the bus that will take you to and from your resort.
See…these little Magic Bands are indeed Magical!!
I hope our Beginners Guide to Magic Bands answered all of your question, and in the case it didn’t please feel free to ask away!!!