Happy St. Patricks Day everyone! We hope you are all having a very lucky day! Our day has been pretty laid back and we enjoyed it. After years of going to the bars and pubs for green beer, we were happy to stay in and enjoy the day in other ways!
St. Patrick’s Day Shenanigans
We cooked a shepherds pie…or was it a cottage pie…
It was technically a cottage pie as shepherds pie is cooked with lamb meat and we used hamburger meat… but boy was it tasty!
My loosely followed recipe with zero measurements:
- Peel and cut up potatoes
- Boil potatoes
- Drain and mash potatoes
- Add milk, butter, salt, and pepper to mashed potatoes
- Cook peas
- Season and brown hamburger(or lamb) meat
- Drain peas and cooked hamburger meat
- Layer in a baking dish starting with meat then peas then potatoes
- Cook at 375 for 20 mins or until golden brown
- Mushroom gravy> packet from the store…simple just add water and boil
- Precooked Buttered Rolls> heat at 325 3-5 mins until brown
Have you had this super yummy Irish pie before?!?
Let us know what you all think of it in the comments!
Sticky Lucky Charms
We also made some very tasty and very sticky lucky charms marshmallow treats…
Warning! This is messy!!
But also fun and magically delicious!
These lucky charms treats were so good but they were most definitely a sticky mess to make and to eat!😆
- Melt marshmallows and butter in a bowl
- Mix in lucky charms cereal
- Add more marshmallows
- Press mixture into parchment lined casserole dish
- Let sit or chill in the fridge
- Cut and Enjoy!
We also played card and board games all evening while our tummies were full and our sugar rush was a full speed ahead! It was a laid-back, fun, Irish-themed day!!
What did ya’ll do for St. Patrick’s Day?!? Let us know in the comments below!!
We will be heading out on a road trip next week to review a fun-filled resort and a NEW Guy Fieri restaurant that just opened!!!…
so be sure to follow along with us for all the fun and adventures:
Sign Up for our Vivacious Views Weekly Newsletter!!
St. Patrick’s Day Shenanigans & Recipes: